How your Membership helps us
We are a charitable Trust that does not receive core funding from the Department of Culture, Media and Sport. As such, we are incredibly grateful for the additional support we receive from our visitors.
Voluntary income such as Membership allows us to grow as an institution and to care for our Collections and Gardens. Most importantly, this income helps us to achieve the original vision of our Founder, Major Powell-Cotton who wanted the Museum -
"Held in trust for the benefit of students and the enjoyment of visitors".
And the vision of our Trustees –
“to enhance, preserve and care for its collections whilst sharing with others a true understanding of their historical, cultural and scientific importance. It seeks to actively promote physical and intellectual access to them for the benefit of students and lifelong learning, and to display them to provide a unique visitor attraction for the enjoyment of the public and as a contribution towards sustainable cultural tourism in Thanet."
Your Membership helps us to continue to fund the important scientific and educational work that takes place in our institution. We are delighted that you are considering becoming a Member and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
The benefits you will enjoy as a Member
* 12 Months free entry to the Powell-Cotton Museum, Quex House and Gardens
* Free entrance to Members talks - Pre-booking required (including all Conservation Heroes talks)
* Invitation to a Members and Benefactors evening incl. drinks and canapés (ticketed event)
* 10% discount off Mama Feelgoods tea room purchases (Quex Park only and excl. special event days)
* 10% discount off shop purchases at Quex Barn and 50p discount off each child entry to Jungle Jims
* 10% discount off shop and café purchases at Turner Contemporary
* Discounted Friends ticket rates on selected productions at the Margate Theatres (Winter Gardens and Theatre Royal). (discounts vary per show – Visit www.yourleisure.uk.com)
* A copy of our Guide Book
(Discounts redeemed on production of your Membership Card and for members only)
Membership per year
Single £ 25
Couple £ 40
Family (2 adults/up to 3 children) £ 50
Members are invited to attend our Conservation Heroes Series Talks for FREE throughout 2017 (Pre-booking required)
Thursday 16th March - Ms Andrea Athanas, African Wildlife Foundation.
Thursday 11th May - Mr Nicholas Bruschi, World Animal Protection.
Thursday 20th July - Dr Cheryl Mvula MBE, GRI - ZPP & Born Free Foundation.
Thursday 28th September - Dr David Roberts, University of Kent, Durrell Institute of Conservation and Ecology, School of Anthropology and Conservation, (DICE)
Thursday 23rd November - Dr Clive Nuttman, Environmental Biologist and member of The Tropical Biology Association.
Talks will take place in the Museum at 7pm. Please ring the museum 01843 842168 to reserve your place.
To purchase your Powell-Cotton Museum Membership online, visit our online shop here.